Whether you are looking for an easy make & share for the upcoming classroom party or a fun craft the kids can gift to a few friends, Hot Cocoa Cones are always a great option. We made hot cocoa cones last year for my daughter’s entire classroom & they were a hit; they are perfect for all of the snow days & school vacations in coming in our very near future.
This time of year is always busy & if you can have a little time together in the kitchen crafting with food while avoiding the oven it can be an added bonus with already hectic schedules & extra activities this time of year.
Holiday wrapping paper
Stapler & staples
Cellophane or Clear Cellophane gift bag (party supplies)
Instant Hot Chocolate Packets
- Create a template on the poster board as seen in the photo to create the cone. Each cone will need a poster board or brown paper bag base for stiffness. (sides are approximately 5 inches on each side with the triangular part of the cone at approximately 6 ½ inches)
- Trace and cut wrapping paper to fit the cone template.
- Staple the wrapping paper and poster board together so that the paper doesn’t shift.
- Roll to make the cone & staple it into form.
- Roll the hot chocolate packet and slide it inside of the cone.
- Wrap approximately a ½ cup of marshmallows in the Plastic Wrap. I typically tie mine off with a twist tie, ribbon or tape.
- Place the marshmallows on top of the cone.
- Wrap the entire cone with cellophane so that it is one piece. Tie the top with Ribbon.
- Add a holiday note & voila, your food craft gift is ready to share.
Note: One 10.5 oz. Price Chopper Bag of mini marshmallows yields 10 – 11 half cup scoops for Hot Cocoa Cone wrapping.